Call now 0800 637 000


Licence Endorsements:
“P” Passenger Licence Endorsement Course


Why do a "P" Licence Endorsement course with TR Master Drive Services?

  • This course allows successful participants to gain the “P” Licence endorsement required to carry passengers for hire or reward. (drivers of buses, taxis and shuttles etc.)

  • You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.

  • Train at one of our nationwide facilities.
P Endorsement Course

Course Aim

To provide the participant with a New Zealand Transport Agency certificate that will allow them to apply for their “P” Licence endorsement via an appropriate licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ).

Who needs a "P" Passenger Licence Endorsement?

Anyone who drives a passenger service vehicle where passengers are carried for hire or reward – e.g.: buses, taxis, shuttles.

What do I need to have before I can get a "P" licence endorsement?

You must have held a full New Zealand Class 1 (car) licence for at least 2 years.

How do I get a "P" Passenger Licence Endorsement?

  • Successfully complete a “P” endorsement course with TR Master Drive Services - an approved training provider.
  • On successful completion of the TR Master Drive Services’ Approved Course you will be issued with a New Zealand Transport Agency certificate. To obtain a “P” Licence endorsement this certificate needs to be produced to a licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ) and the following requirements have to be met:
    • Complete the application form and pay the NZTA Licensing fees - which vary depending on duration of the “P” endorsement applied for and also if the application is for a large passenger vehicle (e.g.: bus) or for a small passenger vehicle (e.g.: taxi).
    • Produce a medical certificate (this may not be required if one has been submitted/completed in the last 5 years – please check with the licensing agency).
    • Undergo an eyesight test.
    • Undergo a fit and proper person check.
    • Undertake and pass a Full Licence Test in a car (this may not be required if one has been completed in the last 5 years – please check with the licensing agency).
    • Provide identification and proof of your address.

Note: You should allow six to eight weeks for your licence endorsement application to be processed.

How long does the "P" Licence Endorsement course take and what is involved?

  • Pre-course study (collect your study book/s when you come in to pay for the course).
  • Normally two half days of theory in class (sometimes an hour or two more).

What unit standards are covered?

  • 17579 – Demonstrate knowledge of driver requirements for Endorsement “P” (Passenger).
  • 24089 – Demonstrate knowledge of Fatigue Management, Work Time and Driver Logbook Requirements.

Course Fees

  • $521.74 plus GST ($600 including GST).

What is included in the course fees?

  • Course fees and NZQA credit registration fees.

What is excluded?

  • NZTA or licensing agency fees.


We’re happy to custom build a training programme to suit your needs. We can also run a private course at your premises (Minimum of 6 people).